By Gary Waller
Read Online or Download A Cultural Study of Mary and the Annunciation: From Luke to the Enlightenment (Studies for the International Society for Cultural History) PDF
Best christian theology books
This quantity explores the improvement of the doctrine of the Trinity within the patristic church as a result Arian controversy.
Self, international, and Time takes up the query of the shape and subject of Christian ethics as an highbrow self-discipline. what's it approximately? How does Christian ethics relate to the arts, particularly philosophy, theology, and behavioral reviews? How does its form correspond to the form of functional cause?
A theology of biblical interpretation, treating either issues in gentle of their courting to the triune God and the financial system of redemption.
Does Paul train a hierarchy of authority of guy over girl, or does he train the total equality of guy and lady within the church and residential? In guy and girl, One in Christ, Philip Barton Payne solutions this query and extra, injecting an important insights into the dialogue of Paul’s view of ladies. Condensing over 3 many years of analysis in this subject, Payne’s rigorous exegetical research demonstrates the consistency of Paul’s message in this subject and its coherence with the remainder of his theology.
- Jesus Our Redeemer: A Christian Approach to Salvation
- Theosis: Deification in Christian Theology, Volume Two (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 156)
- Living in God's Two Kingdoms: A Biblical Vision for Christianity and Culture
- Pursuing the Divine Image: Toward an Exegetically based Theology of Holiness
- The Knowledge of God and the Service of God According to the Teaching of the Reformation: Recalling the Scottish Confession of 1560 (Gifford Lectures 1937 & 1938)
Extra info for A Cultural Study of Mary and the Annunciation: From Luke to the Enlightenment (Studies for the International Society for Cultural History)
A Cultural Study of Mary and the Annunciation: From Luke to the Enlightenment (Studies for the International Society for Cultural History) by Gary Waller